3.15.2012

Food for Thought: Pink Slime

Source: google.com via Mc on Pinterest

You've all seen the photo before.  Pink goo coming out a spout like soft serve ice cream.  Everyone who sees this responds with shock and disgust, but I wonder, do these people actually do something about it? I'm not talking about protesting, just actively deciding what you're going to put into your body.   I am in no way a "food saint", my vice is diet pop of all sorts and I'm honestly ashamed of that.  Every once in awhile I come across articles and news reports that puts it all into perspective.  You only get one body and you should take care of it as best as you can.  Check out this news report below. 

video platformvideo managementvideo solutionsvideo player

The big question to me is, do you want to risk your health to save a buck?  Food should not be soaked in ammonia before consumption.  Fillers should not be masqueraded as beef.  Eat the real stuff, or don't eat it at all.  You get what you pay for, and you are what you eat... stupidly simple phrases that really have some intense meaning.  


Follow this link to check out an interesting article: NPR



1 comment: